Monday, 25 April 2011

Back To The Bench

I took some time off from working on my jewelry to prepare for an Easter feast for 24 people (family) over the weekend. Everything went really well. I prepared quite a bit of food. We ate until we were stuffed, talked, laughed, watched family videos, and before we knew it, the day was over. We missed out on the whole dyeing of eggs and the Easter egg hunt this year. Actually this was the first year that we skipped it all together. Not intentionally, it just didn't happen. My kids are older now, but I still love doing all that. We'll have to make up for it next year.

I just recently received my shipment of supplies I was waiting on. I am going to be trying my hand at creating my own bezel settings for stones that I purchased at the Gem and Mineral Show. I am hoping to make several new rings to list in my shop. I am really excited to start. I will be listening to Adele in the background to encourage and inspire me along the way. Her voice is so beautiful and this song is amazing.




By the way, I got so busy with all the preparations for the Easter feast that I only managed to sneak a photo of one of the many desserts we devoured. This dessert is called Zeppole.  Zeppole are baked cream puffs with a custard-like cream filling topped with Amarena cherries and are traditionally consumed on Saint Joseph's Day in Rome, Naples and Sicily. These little pastries are sold on many street corners and are sometimes given as gifts on this particular day. And want to guess who made these delicious lovelies? My husband, yes he did! (I don't know what's gotten into him......but I like it)!





ahem.......let's wait for the guests :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great hearing from you!