Thursday, 19 May 2011

Art In The Park

I have some great news. About a month ago, I applied for a spot to showcase my jewelry at the Oakville's "Art in the Park" outdoor art show and sale. It is run by the Oakville Art Society and it is a juried show. This means that a committee make their selections based on a combination of criteria which ensures that the art selected represents a good cross section of both accomplished and emerging artists. This show boasts only original and handmade works by the artists themselves, well guess what? I was one of the 150 participants chosen! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. This will be my first show of this kind and I have much to do to prepare for it. The show will be held on August 1st for the entire day, and is held at the Waterfront Heritage Park in Bronte. 

Well that's it for now. I'll let you know more as soon as I do :)



2 comments:

It is great hearing from you!