Sunday, 29 May 2011

The Cross

My mother-in-law is turning 75 tomorrow and I wanted to create something for her that I thought she would appreciate. She is quite religious so I knew that if I made a cross for her, she would love it. I've never had so much trouble with my solder flowing as I did with this piece. Either it didn't want to flow or when it did flow, it would flow where it wasn't supposed to. I couldn't help but wonder if this was a sign. A sign from the almighty telling me to get my butt to church more often.

This is the finished cross. A sterling silver hammered and lightly oxidized cross pendant with a silver bezel holding a tiny 6mm amber gemstone.

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful....and such a special gift. I'm sure it will be appreciated and treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindy. I believe she did appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

It is great hearing from you!