Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Druzy Agate Quartz and Sterling Silver Ring

I recently received a small shipment of stones. I haven't yet decided on the fate of them all, but I did ask my husband his opinion on one particular stone. He said you should create a ring out of it and so I did. It is a beautiful Druzy Agate Teardrop Quartz with the colors of deep purples, blues and lavender all mixed together. What is Druzy? Druzy is a thin layer of quartz crystals covering the surface of a host stone. Druzy crystals take hundreds or even thousands of years to form. They form as molten rock begins to cool with trapped gases inside. The gases cause gaps in the rock. As groundwater flows through these gaps for century after century, minerals crystalize on the rock, forming a blanket of intense crystallization.  


End result: 


One Lovely Large Druzy Agate Quartz and Sterling Silver Solitaire Cocktail Ring.




..... soon to be listed in my shop ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great hearing from you!