Sunday, 26 June 2011

Perseverance

Labradorite Cabochon and Sterling Silver Wide Band Ring - Corilu Designs 2011


Do you know when all the stars line up and all is going to plan, when everything falls into place beautifully and you couldn't be more pleased with your work? Well, that did not happen for me yesterday. Yesterday was a day set aside to pull up my socks and go full steam ahead and create as many pieces as possible for my up coming show in August. For some reason, nothing was working for me. My bezels weren't fitting properly, one of my stones chipped, and I was not happy with what I was doing. It was just not my day. It happens. I did feel though like throwing my hands up in the air and quitting, but I didn't. I walked away. I changed direction and did something totally different for a while and then came back and tried again. I persevered. Some days however,  I think to myself, why am I doing this? Why am I working so hard at creating these pieces, drawing, sawing, filing, sanding, soldering, polishing, burnishing and so on when somedays I feel so flustered. But you know what? I keep going back to my bench, sitting at my chair and creating. Why? Because I love it. Although I did not make as many pieces as I planned on, I did create and things fell back into place :)


Labradorite Cabochon and Sterling Silver Wide Band Ring - Corilu Designs 2011


Azurite - Chrysocolla Cabochon in a Fine Silver Bezel Setting and Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace
Corilu Designs - 2011



Azurite - Chrysocolla Cabochon in a Fine Silver Bezel Setting and Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace
Corilu Designs - 2011





"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to suceed is always to try just one more time." Thomas Edison

"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hardwork you already did.Newt Gingrich








No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great hearing from you!