Thursday, 21 July 2011

I've Been Away

I've been away.
Far away.
Away from my blog.
Away from my shop.
Away from my bench.




I'll give you a clue....




Have you guessed?



How about now?


Yes. I was away in Paris.

My husband and I have been several times already, but we wanted to bring our kids.
They have been on many trips, however this was their first trip to Europe.

We had a wonderful time. The weather was a little cool for this time of year, but nonetheless, great for sightseeing.


I have many photos to share.....



goes without saying....











Notre Dame


My husband and I 


inside Notre Dame



being a part of the Parisienne crowd at one of the hundreds of cafes


The Paris Opera House






A very breathtaking room in the Opera House. You have to see it in person to appreciate the sheer beauty and ultimate in artistry and craftsmanship





on the balcony of the Opera House overlooking the square


I was papparazied by my husband while taking in the view


Me goofing around. (My kids were soooo embarrased by this). I don't know why?



The Louvre



The line-up





the funny



A trip to Paris would not be complete without seeing the most famous painting in the world...




She still remains a mystery....



amazing architecture


quaint streets


 cobblestone roads



and who can resist the French works of culinary art? The macaroons must be a staple because they are everywhere!



these are large meringues


And of course, when in Paris, eat crepes!


au revoir
buon nuit!













No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great hearing from you!