Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Lapis Lazuli Pendant Necklace

This is a new piece. This is also the last of my sterling silver sheeting. I incorporated the shape that was left over into my design. Who says everything has to be symmetrical? I could have created a simple bezel setting but thought I'd let the shape of the leftover sterling silver sheet dictate the design. This was the bezel that I spoke about last week that was giving me some trouble. It is the shape of the stone, a pretty Lapis Lazuli which was trying my patience just a little. It is not a perfectly rectangular stone, it tapers a bit to one side. Nonetheless, with PERSEVERANCE it worked out. 

Lapis Lazuli is a stone that represents tenderness, sympathy and love. It is said that persons who wear Lapis Lazuli gemstones will be known by their powers of love and affection and can win over others through this special power.............interesting :)

Lapis Lazuli and Sterling Silver Pendant Necklace - Handcrafted, Corilu Designs - 2011





No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great hearing from you!