Monday, 22 August 2011

After The Bloom

I have a magnificent Jackmani Clematis vine growing up a trellis against a brick wall in my backyard. Year after year, it never ceases to amaze me with its gorgeous display of the deepest, most velvety purple flowers. After the bloom, these Clematis flowers go to seed and develop "seed heads." Now, I can't decide which is more beautiful, the flower or the seed? Fascinating swirling shapes and feathery textures are truly stunning and eye catching, well... to me anyway. I captured a series of these pretties, last year.


"The Clematis Whirl"







Nature..... it's a wonderful thing






2 comments:

  1. It is stunning, it looks like it's actually swirling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

It is great hearing from you!