Saturday, 20 August 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

My daughter who is only 13, loves to bake, and she is very good at it I must say. (As any good mom would boast about their child's accomplishments). Today she decided she would try Red Velvet Cupcakes. It seems that Red Velvet anything is all the rage these days. She mulled over many recipes, before attempting, and decided on this one from Laura Vitale. You can watch her video as she takes you through it step by step. My daughter even takes it one step further and pipes the cream cheese frosting with a piping bag. (Yes, I said cream cheese frosting). Apparently, Red Velvet Cupcakes are not the same without this particular frosting.... okay, I'm good with that ;)





don't they look yummy?






2 comments:

  1. They do look totally delicious and such a wonderful colour! Great job...wish my daughters cooked as well as this...or for that matter, me!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenni! Everyone has their creative side, baking just happens to be something she enjoys! By the way, they were delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

It is great hearing from you!