Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Years of Creating

If I knew many years ago that I'd be creating jewelry today, I would have laughed. In fact, it wasn't an art form that I ever considered, that ever crossed my mind. I suppose if I were to rationalize it in my mind, it would be because I'm not a big jewelry wearer. I know, it sounds strange, but it's true. If you see me on any given day, all I am wearing is my wedding band and a pair of earrings. Rarely a necklace or bracelet, unless I'm dressed up for a certain occasion. So why would I want to create jewelry when I don't wear it all that much myself, right? And working with metal? Come on, why on earth would I want to do that? Well, it's funny how things unfold in life when something we never thought we would be doing is exactly what we are doing and loving it as well. The moment I picked up that torch and melted my first piece of sterling silver, mesmerized by the flame, I was hooked! Creating beautiful, timeless pieces for others to enjoy and wear has become my passion, my inspiration.

So what is the moral of this story? Never say never. Be open to trying different things. You just may surprise yourself.

Here is a sampling of what I was creating before I turned to jewelry making. Wool felt pillows and bowls.  All hand cut and stitched by me. (I actually have some wool felt brooches that I currently have listed in my shop).








I just may list these in my shop..... 

maybe :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great hearing from you!