Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Canada's Baking and Sweets Show and Cake Boss



This past Sunday, my daughter and I along with some friends, attended the Canadian Baking and Sweets Show at the Toronto International Centre. As soon as we entered the doors, samples of chocolates and cookies were everywhere. Now normally I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but the samplings were yummy! We made our way throughout the place visiting all the booths and scooping up some fondant and flower forms for my daughter (she loves to bake). I have to say though, our main objective of this show was to see "Buddy Valastro" you know, CAKE BOSS! Well actually more for my daughter because she watches the show religiously, but I certainly was interested too! We bought our tickets well in advance, however, I never anticipated how many people would be attending. They sold $5,000 seats just to see Buddy! Yup, I felt like I was at a rock concert where everyone was pushing and shoving to get seats as close to the stage as possible! I mean really? We did manage to get great seats and enjoyed the show. I have to say honestly, the way Buddy is on television is the way he is in real life. He talked about himself and his family and how his show was born. He entertained us with audience participation games and challenges.

All in all, it was a fun day, especially because I spent it with my daughter :)


here are some of the amazing cakes that were entered in competitions...







the crowd of people making their way to get seats for the show....
(a bit of pushing and shoving going on) I guess he's the rock star of cakes??!!




This is the stage set up. They recreated his bakery shop in Hoboken, New Jersey




And of course, Buddy himself.....



......okay not himself, just a cardboard cut out of him. lol
(I couldn't get a clear shot of him on stage, he was moving around so much)

:)











No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great hearing from you!