Monday, 31 October 2011

The Day Off

Yesterday I had the day off. The day off from cooking that is. The two men in my life, my teenage son and husband decided to cook. Now although I enjoy cooking for my family, it certainly is nice to have someone else cook for you for a change, wouldn't you say?

The day started like this....



Pancakes.... my fifteen year old made from scratch! Now although he watches us make them from time to time, he never actually attempted to on his own. Can I say, he did an outstanding job. They were delicious! Not one pancake left! These pancakes are yogurt based and they are extra fluffy!


then....



Homemade ravioli stuffed with a shrimp and scallop filling with a brown butter and sage sauce. Yep, my husband made the pasta from scratch as well as the filling! They were delicious!!!


also.....




A braised and stuffed veal roast with a vegetable compote topped off with a gremolata of parsley, garlic and lemon zest.


I'm not done.....




Homemade Tiramisu!!!!

Yum!

(I think my husband is trying to upstage me)


I'm proud of my two guys. So when's the next time??

xoxoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

It is great hearing from you!