Thursday, 5 January 2012

Natural Homemade Bees Wax Hand Cream

How to make easy natural homemade bees wax hand cream with simple ingredients. No chemicals. No preservatives. Just natural goodness for your skin. This is what I made:



and these are the ingredients:


canning jar, olive oil, coconut oil, bees wax, vitamin E (optional) and essential oils
(the Coconut oil is missing from this photo. Sorry, I didn't feel like doing a photo retake. he he  :)


Now the reason why I decided to try and make my own hand cream is that I go through creams like crazy! Since I work with my hands a lot, I am constantly washing them and that spells: 
D-R-Y   S-K-I-N!

I try to stay clear from creams with ingredients I can't pronounce and usually stick to natural ones. So I thought, how hard can it be to make my own?  While searching the net for recipes, I stumbled upon a wonderful blog called, A Sonoma Garden. It is a blog full of great homemade recipes from making your own skin care products, hair care products to natural and organic foods. I recommend you check it out. This is the recipe I used which I took straight from their blog.

1 c. olive oil
1/2 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. or beeswax
1/2 t. vitamin E oil
20 drops (approximately) essential oil

Combine olive oil, coconut oil and beeswax (I found this at a local health store sold in bars that I just chopped up into chunks) into a pint sized canning jar. Put this jar into a saucepan and fill the saucepan with water until it comes 3/4 of the way up the canning jar, being careful not to get water into the oil mixture. Place on the stove over medium/low heat. Heat and stir occasionally until melted. Let cool to room temperature either by leaving out or quicken the process by putting into the refrigerator. During the cooling process, put a fork into the jar and stir vigorously every 15 minutes or so. Once at room temperature, add in the Vitamin E and essential oil. (You can also buy the essential oils at any health store and use what ever aroma you wish. I used bitter orange.
That’s it. You have lotion!

*** you can substitute the oils with other oils if you prefer such as almond oil, jojoba oil or grape seed oil. You can  also experiment with the amounts, depending on the consistency and waxy vs. creamy/oily you prefer.
 I use mine all the time and my hands love it. 
Easy. Peasy.

xo



3 comments:

  1. I like this content. Very useful to increase my knowledge. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful...almost good enough to eat! I am definately going to try this and thanks for the link..will look it up. Your photos also look great, as usual!
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenni. I was just talking about this cream earlier with a friend and how much I use mine. I love it. I also use it on my lips and body as well. The beauty of it is, you choose the scent you prefer with the essential oils.

    enjoy :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

It is great hearing from you!